Tuesday, August 31, 2010

smile

I've neglected my favorite hiding place (this blog) for far too long now. I can hardly find time for myself lately, which has presented no time to sit down and pour me out onto the page.

When I look around me all day there are so many different people. Yes - I do live in a big city these days so clearly I am going to see a various amount of of differents from a day to day basis. But what really gets me is how do we all stumble upon one another and become so significant to certain people and then just another to someone else. How many people am I just another to? Probably millions with the way our population is constantly increasing. Yet I remember that corny quote of "never stop smiling because you never know who's day you're making." Maybe that smile could turn into making just of of those others you see all the time a significant.

I find myself smiling at basically everyone just because, but what if we all did that regardless of stranger or friend. Everyone needs someone no matter how young or old. Guess my point is that people are going to be people and people need people. Do you have your person that gets you and you don't have to smile all the time? Smile anyway but you need your person or your people.

No comments:

Post a Comment